How interesting to actually be dragged out of bed (at 10am) to open mail that offers to change the path to be taken in life. Saturdays are normally sleep in mornings to recover from all the training of the week. But that was certainly not the case as ZW stormed into the room to announce the arrival of letters from both University of Oxford and King's College London. So it seems that I'll have to make a choice between the two within the next 2 months, but that can wait until after exams.
Some interesting news in Oxford now that may affect my decision:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/oxfordshire/4748760.stm
Meanwhile, it's just
Work Work Work
I guess life in UK has definitely been too slack in terms of study that I am finding it real hard to get into the momentum of revising. And the amount of material that I'll have to go through is worse than what we had for A levels and it is going to be an intensive week of exams in Apr. Quite scary the thought. Doesn't help when you are sitting in the biochem comp labs listening to your coursemates fret over a score of 70% for their lab report, or people raving about their biology modules that are just repeat of our last year's course (sure makes our blood boil when the modules are so uneven in terms of content).
and revision has been interrupted by this lab report that has been haunting me for weeks. I just keep changing the values on excel over and over again until I get confused myself. and we have a whole week of labs ahead and 3 coursework to hand in before term ends. Definitely busy.
Water Polo
Despite feeling the lethargy, still managed to lug myself to trainings, and then understanding why I enjoy the sport so much after each training. Penguin drills in skills, UL is the common goal to make BUSA finals, and IC is just for the great company and fun playing simple rojak polo.
Playing Oxford in a friendly this Sunday, preview to semifinals next Sunday. Hmm... makes me wonder of the shift of allegiance if I end up in Oxford next year. and Monday it's IC vs UCL 1 at the new sports centre. That will be an interesting competition, I expect quite a high entertainment value there. Hee. Very exciting...
But have to cut down on the gym and sacrifice one or two trainings now. Simply too tiring to be in sch the whole day and go out for training at night!
Food

Been sick for the past week, yet stuffing myself silly with chocolate and kueh bangkit etc. explains the persistent cough and runny nose. Had some Brit friends over for steamboat on Wednesday. A long overdue dinner date from last year. Marinated the meat a/c to a recipe by Kylie Kwong and it tasted real good. Hee, I can be a steamboat preparation expert now. Yup, that's the pic towards the end. forgot to take the spread at the start.
No comments:
Post a Comment