While on our way to church today, I was 'ATTACKED' by a dog! Ok, I'm exaggerating it, but it was surely the most harrowing experience in London by far. This is how it happened: ZW and me were happily walking down the mews when we heard a loud clang in front. The sound was due to a paper bag giving way to the weight of contents in it. And so, the elderly owner had to bend down to retrieve his items. As he did so, he accidentally let go of the leash of his dog...
Then the drama began. The dog yelped, probably scared off by the clanging of metal stuff dropping on the ground and so I jumped(a little). I must have startled the dog even more and he(i assume) came running for me and started to jump at me, and my legs felt 'molested'. So I stayed rooted to the ground and started to scream (not very loudly, more the whiny kind in resignation to the situation) and cowardly ZW did not help me at all! He just moved away from the action and watched by the side. Horrible.
Luckily for me, the dog was not any huge canine with sharp teeth, but quite a loveable small fluffy dog. So no bites thankfully, and many thanks to the owner who came over as fast as he could to save the damsel in distress and spanked(ligtly) the dog to 'teach him a lesson'.
ZW concluded in the end that since I wasn't that traumatized after the drama, that it may actually be an experience to overcome my fear of dogs. Hmm...I think it's likely. Will have to test it out someday.
University water polo went well today, playing 2 consecutive games against Nat League div 3 and div 1 teams. Pleased with the level of play today and the enthusiasm of the team. Sure looking fit for semis in 2 weeks time! (at the expense of health: runny nose, phlegm coughing and mild fever!)
Need to rest...need to sleep...think this will be my mantra for the weeks to come.
No comments:
Post a Comment