Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Baking

Having gotten the exam out of the way, I decided to do abit of baking last week!

Made apple streusel muffins which turned out to be more like a cake instead of a fluffy muffin but was really tasty especially with the crumbly top. Helped Jenny and me survive pump session that evening.





Then tried my hand in making bread. BIG mistake! Why? Because I didn't have a bread maker! All the kneading required of a yeast bread is really tedious, didn't help that I had aching arms from pump. and it takes a really long time cos of proofing, will prob try making quickbread (w/o yeast) next time. I used whole grain wheat flour which is healthier (I would like to think so at least) and supplemented the bread with chopped nectarines (which made the bread a little soggy). Didn't have enough egg wash to cover every part of the top so the shine is kind of uneven. Think the one on the right hand side turned out the best. Taste-wise...wasn't too bad. I like the way it was sweet and it kept for a few days which was good =)




Lastly, made banana cake! This is my favourite because it turned out the way I thought a banana cake should turn out. Fluffy with mushy banana. Very good. Will definitey have to bake this again *smacks lips* =)


No comments: