Discovered a playlist of 'sweet sentimental old memory' songs by a stroke of luck. Copied these cds into my laptop just before I left for london but forgot abt them until now. These cds date back to as early as my primary school days. Still vividly recall the day my dad bought them and how the whole family was soooo excited over it cos we all appreciate this genre of music. They contain some of his fav songs and I remember how these were the only songs he could actually carry a tune for. =) Those times were great family bonding times as we listened to the songs together in the living room and hummed/sung along to them.
Kind of miss my father now. I regret not having spent more time with him as I grew up, for hurting him with my childish infancy, for not having expressed my love for him more explicitly. Remember how he used to pop into my room a few times a day to encourage me in my studies and say a little prayer for me. Pity then i did not know how to appreciate his subtle gestures; How we found his prayer list and realized that we were constantly in his prayers; How he secretly planned on accumulating his off days so he could visit me when I was studying overseas. Never in my wildest dreams would I have thought of him taking a break to visit another country yet.... Certainly, the love of a father cannot be measured.
If so, how great is the love of our heavenly Father then; for he provides abundantly for his children.
'Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever'
Psalm 23:6
No comments:
Post a Comment