Monday, May 01, 2006

Exams finally over!

The euphoria has yet to settle in and fyp starts tmr....not much of a break really, but i guess 5 weeks of inactivity is a break in its own. Been very much a hermit this Easter, no holidays, just the occasional celebration or london event.
___________________________________________________

Went to nyonya to celebrate Kai's bday, a much smaller scale event this year, but one I'm sure she enjoyed equally much. A change from a sporty setting in Hyde Park, to a more formal setting where the other girls got Kai leng all dressed up. =)


_______________________________________________________

Provided moral support for Zhe Wei from home:

I must be the biggest loser ever to have to cheer from home cos my exams were the next day. Watching the marathon from home made me feel like I'm losing out on all the excitement although I was there for a short while last year...anyhow I didn't manage to catch ZW at the finishing line though....there's just so many people running!

Well, there you go, the finisher of 42.195km. Really proud of him for finishing it, admidst having to study for exams and trying to train in the unpredictable weather of London...apparently he goes through 4 seasons almost everytime he goes out for a run! Think he turned it out into more of a fun thing towards the end where he took sweets and oranges (yes! the sunkist kind of oranges!) from the supporters, and did hi-fives with small kids along the way. Anyhow, I'm really glad he found the determination to do it and it's probably the first of many to come!

_______________________________________________________

Exams went pretty well, thank God for his grace. This year has been just too hectic, must have played too much water polo in the first 2 terms, ended up having to play catch up all year. I was just telling teresa how I have become the geekiest yet. Hope to be less mugger next year, and actually turn up for more socials. *fingers crossed*

Anyway the verdict is out. King's college it shall be despite the pluses of Oxford. I didn't make the decision, DSTA did.

_______________________________________________________

I've just booked my ticket back to Singapore on 30th June. Am going to have to skip the European University Championships in Holland. Feel really bad about disappointing the team, but I had to make a prudent decision on the air ticket prices...boo.

Will be HK, Cambodia and Vietnam bound this summer. Really excited about it...been trying to plan for Cambodia and Vietnam too..lots to do in such a short span of time!

_______________________________________________________

Am superbly tired now. Don't understand how that can happen since I was sleeping ~10-12 hours a day during the holidays. + an aching body from trying to play too much water polo after 5 weeks of inactivity...grrr

So FYP tomorrow. I'm actually pretty excited about it. Hope everything turns out smoothly.

No comments: